If your searching for a good SEO agency and you’re having trouble deciding, here are some questions and guidelines to help you choose.
- Question: How long have you been doing SEO and how many clients do you have?
Answer: Ideally a good SEO agency will have been doing business for at least a couple of years and has enough clients that they could put you in touch with 2 or 3 current clients to act as references. If the agency you’re interviewing refuses to provide references and contact information, you should be nervous.
- Question: Do you guarantee first page rankings on Google?
Answer: A good SEO company will not guarantee you first page Google rankings. There are so many factors that go into ranking well in search results that a good SEO company will focus more on discussing on-page optimization, keyword research, link building strategies, and your company’s goals, rather than making sensational offers and/or guarantees. If a company guarantees that they’ll get you in the top three results within a certain period of time, you should run away.
- Question: What sort of link building strategies do you use? PPC Management Los Angeles
Answer: This question is a little bit more difficult but should include things like guest blogging, widgets or website badges, manual directory submissions. If the answer involves automated link building(i.e. links from 10,000 sites for $199) or anything that seems like it may be dishonest or violate Google’s guidelines, you should run away.
- Question: Do you research the strength of the sites that you will use for your link building strategies?
Answer: The answer should be yes and they should be able to explain not only how strong the domain is but how strong the page is that will be linking back.
- Question: Can you clearly explain your keyword research techniques and what tools you use?
Answer: This answer could involve any number of free and paid SEO tools from companies like Google, SEOMoz.org, SeoBook.com, and should include Google Keywords Tool and Google Webmaster Tools to name a few.
- Question: Do you provide research on our competitors? What websites link to them? What anchor text those links use? The overall strength of their website in comparison to ours?
Answer: These are all very crucial pieces to doing SEO effectively. A good SEO agency will incorporate thorough competitive research into their plan for your company.
- Question: What sort of analytics or reports do you provide?
Answer: A good SEO company will provide you with comprehensive reporting on things like your target keyword search results, sites that are now linking to your site, what keywords are being used in search to find your site, etc.
- Question: Do you make us sign a long term agreement?
Answer: There are so many different ways that SEO companies charge for their services that this answer could vary drastically. The most important thing to consider is whether you trust the company that you’re interviewing or whether you feel they’re trying to push you into a sale(and a long term contract).