LED strip lighting is an effective lighting solution for both homes and businesses. It can be installed easily either for temporary holiday lighting or for permanent display purposes. It is a perfect solution for under-cabinet lighting in kitchens, and the various coloured options offer plenty of fun decorative lighting possibilities.
Basically LED strip lighting comes as a tape or ribbon with LEDs along the length of it. It can be cut at certain points into the lengths you require. As the backing is flexible it can be used on curves as well as straight edges and because it is very thin it can easily be concealed to give subtle lighting in recesses and display cases. automotive led driver
Most LED strip lighting comes with double-sided adhesive tape on the back for easy attachment without messy adhesives. Here is a quick guide to demonstrate how easy it is to install your own LED strip lighting.
1. The most important step of all – decide exactly where you want to place your LED lights for best effect. LED strips are easy to install, but you don’t want to keep changing your mind after installation, or it could end up getting messy. If in doubt, connect up a short strip without actually sticking it in place, to test out how the light will fall in the various positions you are considering.
2. Measure, measure, measure. The old saying ‘measure twice, cut once’ applies to LED strip lighting too. The tape has marked points along it, where it is safe to cut. You may not be able to get the exact length you have measured for the space, but work out the nearest length that will fit the space according to the cutting marks.
3. Double check the measurements one last time, before you cut the ribbon into the strips you want. Only ever cut at the specified cutting marks along the tape. Lay out the cut strips carefully so you won’t get different lengths confused.
4. Make sure that the surface you are mounting the LED strips to is clean and dry. Peel off the vinyl backing to the adhesive strip. Press the strip firmly in place in its planned position.
5. Connect the strips to your power source, which will either be an LED driver or a simple power cord. Switch on the lights!
The only danger is that once you see how easy it is to install your LED strip lighting, you will keep finding new places to use it in your home or business, until your whole space is lit up like a Christmas tree!